BOWIE, DAVID/MARLENE DIETRICH 7 - Blue Vinyl-
. A GIGOLO//7″/8000CPS TRANSPARENT BLUE VINYL/RSD 2019
1 x 7in
- 7″ Disco Sleeve
- David Bowie and Marlene Dietrich split 7 inch with unique artwork
- This Split 7 inch has never been released before!
- Music from the original soundtrack Just a Gigolo
- Limited edition of 8000 individually numbered copies on transparent blue vinyl
- David Bowie/The Rebels – David Bowie’s Revolutionary Song
- Marlene Dietrich – Just A Gigolo
After legendary English musician David Bowie started his movie career by playing the lead in The Man Who Fell to Earth (1976) he was starring in Just a Gigolo (Schöner Gigolo, armer Gigolo). The West German movie about a Prussian officer who works as a gigolo in a brothel run by the Baroness (Marlene Dietrich) after he returns home from the great war, included different songs. Bowie contributed a piece of music to the film; his so-called “Revolutionary Song”, played by a band called The Rebels. Later it became a collector’s item. Besides this track the 7-inch include the 1928 title song Just a Gigolo, performed by Marlene Dietrich. It was her last film appearance and last song she recorded during her lifetime.
Revolutionary Song / Just a Gigolo is available as a limited edition of 8.000 individually numbered copies on transparent blue vinyl.